The HP LaserJet 2840 is an exceptional all-in-one printer. It is extremely well-designed, so maintaining it is generally quite simple. Although you won't have to worry about it for awhile, you will eventually need to replace its imaging drum. From time to time, you'll need to replace the toner cartridges in your HP LaserJet 2840 as well. People who own this machine are often at a loss about how to replace its drum and toner. The main problem is that these components are largely hidden from view. They are located beneath the scanner assembly. Don't worry though; it's actually simple to replace the imaging drum and the toner. In-depth instructions are highlighted below for your convenience.
How to Replace the Imaging Drum on an HP LaserJet 2840 Printer
- Open the Scanner Assembly - There is a scanner-release button located prominently on the machine. Just push it to open the scanner assembly.
- Open the Top Cover - This step is self-explanatory. It will give you access to the machine's imaging drum and cartridges.
- Prepare Drum for Removal - You can't simply pull the drum out of your HP LaserJet 2840. Before doing so, you need to locate its handle. Rotate the drum until the handle is pointing directly up at you. You may have to use a little extra force to rotate it around properly. Don't worry; this is perfectly normal and won't damage your printer.
- Remove the Drum - Now that the handle is pointing straight up, you should be able to pull the drum out with ease. You shouldn't have to use a lot of force to get it out of the printer.
- Avoid Toner Spills - You should have a plastic bag or a sheet ready for the old drum. Place the old drum immediately onto the bag or sheet. By doing this, you should be able to keep spills and other mishaps at bay.
- Prepare the New Imaging Drum - Place the new imaging drum on a flat, steady surface. Remove all of the plastic and various labels that are affixed to it to keep it safe during shipping. Look for a shipping lock and remove it as well. The drum won't fit properly into the machine if the lock is in place.
- Install the New Drum - Installing the new drum is easy. Simply line up the arrows on the drum with the arrows on the printer. Lower the imaging drum carefully into the machine. Press it firmly into place. You'll know it's properly installed because you won't be able to shake it loose.
How to Replace the Toner Cartridges on an HP LaserJet 2840
- Open the Scanner Assembly and Top Cover - Follow the same process that is outlined above.
- Find the Right Toner Cartridge - Spin the carousel around until you find the toner cartridge that needs to be replaced.
- Remove the Old Cartridge - Squeeze the two blue tabs on the old cartridge and pull it out of the machine.
- Remove Packaging from New Cartridge - Packaging may include plastic and tape.
- Install New Cartridge - Squeeze the levers on the new cartridge and slide it directly down into the printer. It should snap securely into place.
With a new imaging drum and toner cartridge installed, your HP LaserJet 2840 should work like new. You can easily find really great deals on these essential printer supplies from us and you'll be able to save a lot of money.