More books are purchased for Amazon’s Kindle e-reader than are purchased in print format, making Kindle one of the most successful product inventions ever. With the ability to take hundreds of books anywhere on a single device, it is easy to see why Kindle is so popular. There are times, however, when having a paper copy of something on the Kindle makes more sense, creating the need to print from your Amazon Kindle.
When you need something you read on Kindle for quick reference, you might want to print it to your laser toner printer. Say you have purchased a cookbook and are ready to use a recipe. Having the printed recipe in front of you will be much easier to use than reading it on Kindle, and you do not have to worry about stains or splatters. With so many reference and how-to books available, you may often find yourself referring to shopping lists, step-by-step instructions, or photos. A book of poetry may have just the inspirational piece you need to see tacked up on the refrigerator every day. Knowing how to print from your Amazon Kindle can help expand its usefulness.
How Do I Print?
You can print anything you see on your Kindle screen, from small bits of text to entire pages and photos, by taking a screenshot. Screenshots are automatically saved to the Documents folder of your Kindle and can then be transferred to your computer to be printed. Personal notes and clippings are saved to Documents as well. Follow these step-by-step instructions to learn how to print from your Amazon Kindle.
To Print From Screenshots
- Take a screenshot of the page by pressing Alt+Shift+G. This creates a .gif file that is saved to your Documents folder on the Kindle.
- Connect your Kindle to your computer via the USB cable that came with your Kindle. Your computer should recognize it as a mass storage device and allow you to browse the contents by selecting “Open folder to view files using Windows Explorer.”
- Navigate to the Documents folder on your Kindle, open the file you wish to print and choose Print from the File menu. Your computer may automatically import the photos, which will then be saved in the My Pictures folder of your hard drive.
To Print Clippings and Notes
- Connect your Kindle to your PC using the USB cable and select “Open folder to view files using Windows Explorer.”
- Navigate to Documents folder on your Kindle and open the file “My Clippings.txt”, then select Print from the File menu. If you want to print specific clippings, highlight them with your mouse and choose “Selection” from the Print dialog box.
The ability to print from your Kindle increases the utility of a device that is already so useful. Recipes, notes, newspaper articles, clippings and more can be archived on paper for later reference so you will always have important information within easy reach.